Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Greatest Album of All Time

Since this is my first post, and I have nothing profound to say, I'll just start with the album that is #1 on my desert island list.

Pink Floyd: The Wall





This is the only concept album that I've come across where the story makes it the whole way through.

I think that most view then ending of the album as a negative with Pink offing himself. I think that you all are wrong. You see, he is sentenced to face his humanity by the judge, which is really his inner desire to free himself in worm form. He is then able to tear down the wall and walk away leaving bits of the wall scattered around for others to pick up and start construction of their own wall. We don't know what happens to Pink after that. Maybe Pink left the music biz and started selling his own wall building kits on QVC. I don't know, but I bet he has eyebrows now. You can't be on QVC without eyebrows. It's like a law.

The only way this album could be any better is if Rick Astley did the background vocals on Comfortably Numb.

You better respect!

2 comments:

  1. Totally with you. Awesomely good album

    And welcome to the blogosphere, my firm-flippered friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just in case you miss it on the Ranting Room--

    Daisy: The Were-Seal!

    www.upwiththebabies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete